6 Apr 2015
Extra preparation tips for applying lipstick to make it last longer
Wearing bright, full-coloured lipsticks can give you a glamorous and sophisticated look, however you want to prevent an embarrassing moment if your lovely colour bleeds into the tiny lines around your lips.
Tips to Preserve Lipstick
Here are some tips of how to enjoy your special event without too many trips to the powder room:
- Before applying lipstick, exfoliate your lips to gently clean off dead skin and add smoothness.
- Prime your lips with a moisturizer or some lip balm.
- Apply a few drops of your foundation to your lips. The foundation will fill in tiny creases.
- Dab your lips with a bit of translucent powder. It will seal the foundation and prevent the lipstick from sliding off.
- Outline your lips with a lip liner. The lip liner will not only define your lips, but create a barrier for keeping the lipstick in place.
- Use a lip brush to apply the lipstick for a smooth, precise finish within the borders created by your lip liner.
- Use a bit of concealer to go over outside lines of your lips for a sharper finish and to create an illusion of bigger lips. Make sure to blend it.
- Use a lipstick sealer, to make the lip colour kiss-proof and waterproof.
It takes only a few extra seconds of preparation to create flawless lips – lips that will last until the last dance is over.